ANOTHER three people arrested during Essex Police’s summer anti-drink and drug driving campaign have been convicted.
The campaign, which ran between June 1 and June 30, saw 107 people arrested in total.
Essex Police is publishing names and photos of people convicted to act as a deterrent to others considering drink or drug driving.
Adam Pipe, Casualty Reduction Manager, said: “Drink and drug driving has no place in our society.
“It can destroy lives and anyone who does it puts their safety and that of others at risk.
“We will continue our work to catch those who do it and bring them to justice.
“If you know someone who does it, call us on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
Those convicted are:
Catherine Shorter, 38, of Stromness Road, Southend.
– Arrested in Manorway, Corringham at 1.50am on June 9;
– Disqualified for 18 months, fined £240, and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Connor Nimmo, 20, of Highfields Gardens, Grays.
– Arrested in Lodge Lane, Grays at 2.43am on June 24;
– Disqualified for 24 months, ordered to complete an 80 hour community order, and pay an £85 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Iulian-Gheorghe Iomir, 24, of Essex Road, Grays.
– Arrested in Hogg Lane, Grays at 1.42am on June 27;
– Disqualified for 12 months, fined £350, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £35 victim surcharge.