Council tax for Thurrock residents set to soar by “at least” 5%

COUNCIL Tax for Thurrock residents is set to soar by 5% in April.

The Conservative-led administration at Thurrock Council recommended the proposals at a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday night.

The details were set out in Item 14 of the agenda. As you may see from our film below, the twenty five minutes taken up discussing the item, concentrated on the £1.5 million proposed spend on litter and potholes.

For many Thurrock Coucnil taxpayers, the bottom line is as follows:

1. A 3% Adult Social Care payment in 2018/19.

2. A 1.99% general council tax increase in 2018/19.

There may also be a considerable increase through the police element.

More reaction to follow.

6 Responses to "Council tax for Thurrock residents set to soar by “at least” 5%"

1. Catching the Bus   January 11, 2018 at 9:43 am

I agree with his. We need more in social care.

2. thurrocksgonedownhill   January 11, 2018 at 11:44 am

One would think with all the income from the new development that TBC would have no need to increase Council Tax at all.
    The social care budget is out of control and needs raining in the excesses Mr Green.

3. Catching the Bus   January 11, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Typical Tory. we have been raining in spending in the Social care so much over 40 years For tax cuts .
    Now with an aging population your answer is to cut spending in social care and give us a tax cut. bet you even want the NHS privatised.

4. thurrocksgonedownhill   January 11, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Lol, your make your mind up, one minute I’m UKIP, now Tory, typical socialist wet..no idea.

It is shameful the waste in the social care budget, trust me I know. Money is given away like water.
    Whilst I do not want to single out any person, one example was of US (that’s me & you) footing the bill for four brand new tyres on a Mercedes car at £500 each…and the person boasting we pick up the tab…Now tell me that’s right Mr Wet.
    I can tell you plenty more like that one, believe me.

5. Catching the Bus   January 11, 2018 at 5:40 pm

It was you who said by the way I am not UKIP you are on the right though and dangerous not wanting care for the old. Yes you can always find someone or something that is playing the system. that does not mean scrap the system it means do those who cheat.
    Something we should be doing for corporations and rich people who dodge taxes?

By the way you didn’t say if you were in favour of a privatised NHS?

6. thurrocksgonedownhill   January 11, 2018 at 6:46 pm

I have never said do not care for the elderly my friend, if anything we should be treating them we much more respect then we do.To clarify the other point you make..no I’m not in favour of a privatised NHS, just one that manages it’s funding more efficiently.

Let me also clarify for you my friend… The people we are paying out millions of our money to that I mention are not those recipients or those cheating the system..it IS the system.
    It seriously is costing you and me millions and it has to stop, but it won’t cause the wets run the show.