The Grays Lives Project: Myles Cook: Depression…”I’m one of the lucky ones…”

Screenshot 2018-12-23 at 16.02.42

GRAYS resident, Myles Cook has been one of our longest serving contributors. Many of his blog-posts have centred on the subject of depression but there are also many others that cover a wide variety of subjects.

Sometimes there are time lapses in Myles’ contributions and we respect that but we also respect the way that he has articulated his condition.

So, as part of our Grays Lives project, we sat down with Myles to discuss depression and a number of other subjects.

The Grays Lives Project is a partnership between the Grays Riverside Community Big Local and YourThurrock.Com

7 Responses to "The Grays Lives Project: Myles Cook: Depression…”I’m one of the lucky ones…”"

1. dogsdinner   December 24, 2018 at 9:28 am

pull yourself together man.

2. Valen (Myles) Cook   December 24, 2018 at 7:05 pm

dogsdinner – It’s ignorant comments like yours that provide the proof (if any was needed) that the general public still needs more information on mental health conditions and what is or is not a useful thing to say to someone with mental ill health. Are you related to thurrocksgonedownhill? I only ask as it’s the kind of dumbass remark that he usually makes and I didn’t think that there were two people that stupid.

3. Catching the Bus (Ant Auger)   December 24, 2018 at 8:44 pm

He is suicidally depressed.
    It is Christmas Eve of all dates?

He even spoke in this very video about how celebs are treated versus average joe.
    And you post that.
    Wheres your compassionate conservatism man?

The one day of a year your supposed to be good to all mindkind you do that?

I swear if he does something stupid reading your post I will find you and show my compassionate conservatism on you. and lets face it there is no one more compassionate on this than me. If I do say so myself.

4. Valen (Myles) Cook   December 29, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Catching the Bus – Thanks for the concern but there’s really no need to worry about me. I find comments like his extremely amusing although I do worry about how it will affect others.

5. thurrocksgonedownhill   January 3, 2019 at 3:39 pm

God that is painful to watch.

It’s like listening to the worst dirge imaginable.

6. Valen (Myles) Cook   January 5, 2019 at 3:16 pm

thurrocksgonedownhill – Well, now you know what people feel when they read your vile crap. At least I’m always myself and not a posing little bitch like you.