Royal Opera House announces 17 new productions for its 2019/20 Season
• The Royal Ballet and The Royal Opera present seventeen new productions including six world premieres.
• The Royal Opera House celebrates 24 exciting co-productions, co-commissions and partnerships.
• Director of Opera for The Royal Opera Oliver Mears unveils new Handel and Britten productions, alongside operas designed specifically for family audiences.
• Director of The Royal Ballet Kevin O’Hare announces a Season that draws on The Royal Ballet’s rich cultural heritage while embracing dynamic and contemporary new work.
• The Royal Opera House reveals a suite of new work in Doncaster, collaborating with every school in the area. The Royal Ballet will also tour to the city in Summer 2020 for the first time in its history.
• With almost 700,000 people visiting the ROH since September, more than a quarter of a million visiting during non-performance times and almost 28,000 of those participating in free and ticketed daytime events, the Royal Opera House extends its programme of activities, events and festivals for people of all ages in 2019/20.
The Royal Opera House today launches its 2019/20 Season, unveiling an exciting range of new commissions, world premieres and much-loved revivals, supported by a diverse range of ticketed and free daytime events, activities and festivals for people of all ages.