Sunday, July 14, 2024

Stanford-le-Hope man hurt after trying to tackle fire

ESSEX Firefighters were called to a fire involving a gazebo, which is used for storage, in a garden in Cabborns Crescent, Stanford-Le-Hope.

When crews arrived they reported the gazebo was fully alight. Crews managed to extinguish the fire by 1pm.

The owner of the property had tried to tackle the fire and remove some of his belongings, but he suffered burns to his leg. He was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental, due to an electrical fault. The whole structure and the contents have been completely destroyed.

Station Officer Geoff Wheal from Corringham Fire Station said:

“We want to urge everyone not to attempt to tacke any fire themselves. Our message is to: get out, stay out and call 999 and let us deal with the fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles