ANCHOR TEXT – Nicotine Pouches
You’ve probably seen Nicotine Pouches popping up on sale in your local supermarket, petrol stations, convenience stores, and even in vape shops. And if you don’t know about them, you’re probably asking yourself “who actually uses Nicotine Pouches?” and it might surprise you, but there’s now more people than ever before opting to use Nicotine Pouches as their preferred method of Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
In this blog, I’m going to look at who would benefit the most from using Nicotine Pouches and why you should consider using them if you aren’t already and considering making the switch! Let’s get in to it.
What Are Nicotine Pouches?
As I mentioned at the start of the blog, you may have seen these white cans in their abundance behind the counter of whichever shop you’re visiting and wondering what exactly they are and what’s in the tins…let me explain!
These tins will house a number of Nicotine Pouches, normally around 20-25 in total, which people can use to get their Nicotine fix. The pouches are white and normally small and discreet in design, and inside the pouches is a powdered nicotine solution, that varies in nicotine strength depending on what strength you may opt to buy.
The powdered Nicotine solution is made up of Nicotine itself, other important ingredients needed to bind the ingredients together, as well as flavourings and that’s pretty much it. Nothing sinister or nasty that shouldn’t be in there, and all ingredients used are safe for human use as well so rest assured what you’re using is actually safe to use!
How Do You Use A Nicotine Pouch?
Using Nicotine Pouches is a relatively simple and straight forward thing to do. All you need to do is open your can of Pouches up, take a single pouch out of the can, and place it in your mouth so it rests between your upper lip and gum.
This will rest comfortably there as the pouches are made by using a soft natural fibre material, and the Nicotine will then absorb into your bloodstream via your gum and the effects will last for around 45-60 minutes depending on the nicotine strength you have opted to use. There will be a slight “tingling” sensation in your mouth and gums as well which is quite a weird sensation if you haven’t experienced it before, but this soon dies down after 10 minutes or so and isn’t prominent throughout the whole time you have it in place.
Who Should Use Nicotine Pouches?
And now we come on to the question in topic, and that is who should use nicotine pouches? I’m going to break down each individual “group” as to say who I believe should and would benefit from using Nicotine Pouches and the reasons why
- Smokers wanting to quit – Pretty obvious really that this would be the first one on the list. Nicotine Pouches offer a safe, tobacco free alternative for smokers who are wanting to quit smoking cigarettes but still getting their Nicotine fix, as Nicotine is a highly addictive chemical and once someone is addicted to it, it’s not the easiest thing to overcome, but rest assured it is not impossible and using something like Nicotine Pouches can actually help as you can gradually start lowering your nicotine strength of your nicotine pouches over time once you become less dependent on it. It’s recommended to get a nicotine strength in the pouches that is equivalent to what the nicotine volume was you previously got from smoking cigarettes.
- People who have not succeeded with other Nicotine Replacement Therapy options – There are a lot of Nicotine Replacement Therapy options that have been readily available to people who are wanting to quit smoking such as Nicotine Patches, Nicotine Gum, Lozenges and Sprays, but these sometimes just aren’t enough for people and they run the risk of relapsing and going back to smoking to satisfy their nicotine cravings. People will turn to Nicotine Pouches in an effort to try something new and for good reason, as the Pouches come in Nicotine strengths that are stronger than other conventional NRT options, and also using a Nicotine Pouch has a faster absorption rate than others mentioned due to it absorbing through the gum.
- Vapers wanting to try something different – E-Cigarettes have been proven to be the most picked and effective option to use when quitting cigarettes from studies conducted by Oxford University, but eventually over time some people will want to try something different, and this is where they can turn to trying out the white pouches they’ve heard so much about.
- People who have to travel/commute a lot, or work in a busy environment with minimal break time – This group of people mentioned above are probably the people who can benefit the most from using Nicotine Pouches as it ticks all the boxes for their needs and doesn’t break any rules nor does it interrupt their day. Nicotine Pouches do not emit any form of smoke or vapour at all, so they’re perfect to use on public transport if you’ve got a long commute ahead of you, or even if you have to fly for long distance for work or just for a holiday, you can use these pouches on planes, trains or automobiles where vaping and smoking is not permitted without the worry of breaking any rules.
They’re also convenient for people who may be working in a busy environment where they cannot get out for smoke or vape breaks, instead they can just pop a Nicotine Pouch in place, and let it work it’s magic without having to disturb their day! And down to their subtle and discreet design, they can be put in place in your mouth and not even noticed by your co-workers and colleagues, it’s a win win situation!
Who Should Not Use Nicotine Pouches?
Now even though there is a relatively long list of who should use Nicotine Pouches, there are also groups of people who should not use Nicotine Pouches which I’ll document below.
- Non Smokers/Vapers – If you’ve previously never smoked or vaped, chances are you’ve never ingested Nicotine in to your body, therefore you won’t have any type of addiction or dependency on Nicotine like what smokers/ex smokers/vapers have. Therefore, if you fall into the Non smoker/Vaper category, you really shouldn’t use Nicotine Pouches as you have no need to be taking on board Nicotine and this will likely result in you forming an unwanted and essentially an unnecessary addiction to Nicotine.
- Low Tolerance/Sensitivity To Nicotine – Using Nicotine Pouches is a very different experience and sensation to smoking a cigarette or using an E-Cigarette and it’s definitely not for everyone that’s for sure! Some Pouches come in quite high Nicotine strengths, and the sensation of the “Nicotine Rush” can be quite overwhelming for some people, and also the tingling sensation in the mouth that happens with Nicotine Pouch use is a lot for some people, so if you have a relatively low tolerance or are sensitive to Nicotine, I would not suggest trying Nicotine Pouches.