New licensing conditions come into force on October 1st to continue to improve the responsible sale and use of alcohol.
The two new conditions are:
* every licensed premises must have an age verification policy in place
* premises providing alcohol for consumption on the site must ensure customers have the opportunity to choose small measures of beers, ciders, spirits and wines – half pints, 125ml of wine and 25ml or 35ml of spirits.
These conditions follow on from three introduced in April of this year which were:
* the banning of certain irresponsible drinks promotions
* tap water must be made available free of charge on customers’ request
* alcohol may not be directly dispensed into another persons mouth (unless that person needs assistance due to a disability).
Thurrock Council Chair of Licensing Councillor, Mike Stone said: “The licensing industry has come under increased pressure to help support and promote responsible drinking. We work hard in Thurrock to ensure our licensed premises operate in the right way.”
Advice and information around the new Mandatory Conditions, or any licensing issue, is available from Thurrock Council’s Licensing Team on 01375 652187 or email email@example.com
A copy of the full wording of the Mandatory Conditions is available at www.opsi.gov.uk.