New licensing conditions come into force on October 1st to continue to improve the responsible sale and use of alcohol.
The two new conditions are:
* every licensed premises must have an age verification policy in place
* premises providing alcohol for consumption on the site must ensure customers have the opportunity to choose small measures of beers, ciders, spirits and wines – half pints, 125ml of wine and 25ml or 35ml of spirits.
These conditions follow on from three introduced in April of this year which were:
* the banning of certain irresponsible drinks promotions
* tap water must be made available free of charge on customers’ request
* alcohol may not be directly dispensed into another persons mouth (unless that person needs assistance due to a disability).
Thurrock Council Chair of Licensing Councillor, Mike Stone said: “The licensing industry has come under increased pressure to help support and promote responsible drinking. We work hard in Thurrock to ensure our licensed premises operate in the right way.”
Advice and information around the new Mandatory Conditions, or any licensing issue, is available from Thurrock Council’s Licensing Team on 01375 652187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the full wording of the Mandatory Conditions is available at www.opsi.gov.uk.
BAN DRINKING IN THE STREETS!
ALL DRINKS BOTTLES / CANS OF ALCOHOL TO BE IN SEALED BAGS, UNTIL PURCHASERS ARE AT THEIR HOME OR ENTERTAINMENT/PUB VENUE!!
ALL DRINKS TO BE STORED IN THE BOOT OF CAR FOR THE SAME!
Cheers 2 Nitewolf – sensible suggestions. The lazy-fair alchohol abusing culture of Thurrock is particularly poor and makes the streets a miserable reality at times – with unchecked-useless-mouthy-drunks. In combination with the Jeremy Kyle PUFF smoking junk-heads – it has dragged general culture here back into the very dark-ages. Police can’t be expected to be everywhere chasing this problem – the problem MUST be stopped at ACCEPTABLE CONDITIONS and a clear agenda for alchohol drinkers. (of which I am one – but responsible) We live in dangerous times – so we really don’t need any more irresponsible drinkers flouting all Decent codes of personal social responbility. As a hard-working person I get sick and tired of seeing jobless louts falling out of off-licences as early as 10a.m. in the MORNING with another carrier bag full of cans. AND we now have to witness more alchy louts than DOGS peeing in public. Come on Thurrock Authority – give us all a break – get this lot in order – with some proper LAST ORDERS on CRAP culture of Thurrock. Cheers! mates!