THURROCK councillors site on a vast number of outside bodies. YourThurrock has asked a variety of councillors to document what they do.
This month, Aveley councillor, Wendy Herd has chronicled the meetings she has attended in her capacity as a board member of the Essex Police Authority.
1. Meeting with Insp. Jon Burgess in Tilbury to discuss issues around burglary and some of the tensions between youths in the area.
2. Meeting with Ch.Supt Ivor Harvey to discuss crime statistics.
3. Meeting with Insp. Richard Baxter, Ockendon to discuss car crime and perennial problem with car cruisers.
4. Laindon Dog Unit
As a member of the animal welfare panel, I have inspected Laindon dog unit and subsequently arranged a time to go on patrol with officers.
5. Attended a member’s monthly meeting to discuss the outcome and impact of the comprehensive spending unit.
6. Attended the launch of Operation Christmas Presence at Lakeside shopping centre with a large cohort of police involved in operation including mounted section and motorbike section as well as Lakeside management.
7. Meeting with ACC Derek Benson to discuss strategies for Thurrock specifically relating to sex trafficking and prostitution. To have specialist units in place to deal with these crimes in the weeks when London will host the Olympics.
8. Meeting with Sericc where info form above meeting was fed in.
Councillor Herd attends these meetings as well as the committees, full council and surgeries in her capacity as a Thurrock councillor.