Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Families trapped in high rise after bins set alight

FIREFIGHTERS have been called to tackle a fire in a bin chute at a high rise block of flats.

Crews report that the fire is currently contained to a ground floor bin room. Smoke has spilled onto some upper floors but at 20:43 hrs, families in the block remained in their homes as firefighters wearing breathing apparatus set about dousing flames using one main jet.

ECFRS has initiated its procedure for dealing with incidents at high rise properties, which is why five appliances have been sent to the scene.

We have no information relating to the cause of the incident at this stage.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles