Monday, December 4, 2023

Woman rescued from smoke filled flat

A WOMAN was rescued by fire crews after being overcome by smoke in her flat in a high rise property.

Crews were called out at just after 2am this morning (Friday) to Devall House in Argent Street, Grays.

Crews were called to a 14-storey block of flats after a smoke detector went off raising the alarm.

Four appliances were sent to the scene – a pre-determined attendance for high rise properties.

On arrival at the scene, crews reported smoke coming from a ground floor flat but no sign of fire. They were able to raise the occupant of the flat involved who confirmed cooking had been left unattended.

The woman, believed to be in her 60s, was suffering mild smoke inhalation and an Ambulance crew was called to the scene.

Firefighters administered oxygen therapy to the casualty while awaiting the Ambulance Service.

A high pressure fan was used to clear the flat of smoke and the property was made safe before crews left the scene at 02:42 hrs.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles