Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Chemical spillage in car park at Sainsburys in Chafford Hundred

FIRE Crews were called to deal with a chemical spillage in the car park of Sainsburys supermarket in Chafford Hundred.

The incident involved a cleaning vehicle which had overturned, spilling battery acid.

A man in his 30s needed oxygen therapy after breathing in fumes from his vehicle.

He was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

Crews used an environmental pack to prevent the acid from spilling into drains.

The incident was dealt with by 09:49 hrs.

A Sainsbury’s spokesperson said: “There was a small chemical spillage in the loading bay at the Chafford Hundred store yesterday, after a cleaning machine overturned. No-one was hurt and the area was immediately cleared.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles