1. The tragic death of Brad Arthur dominated the first week of January.
2. Concern over waiting times at the A and E at Basildon Hospital
3. Is the A13 the filthiest road in Britain seemed to be a constant theme
4. Shock as swastika daubed in holocaust memorial in Grays
5. Steady stream of politicians visit Thurrock as they look to May General Election.
1. Grays bin man Wayne Benson dies in fatal crash in West Thurrock
2. We wished Jim Ferry happy birthday and later on in the year, we paid our respects.
3. Hate crime found to be top of agenda for young people from Thurrock
4. Five year old gets leg stuck in escalator at Lakeside.
5. Queens pub in Grays has its licence revoked
1. The issue of citizen traffic warden in Thurrock started to raise its head.
2. The level crossing at Grays became a hot topic politically
3. Coroner declared the death of Ockendon student Toni Connell was an accident
4. Council such as Westminster slammed as it buys houses in Thurrock
5. A new hospice on Langdon Hills was hotly debated in the planning committee.