Make a Will Fortnight – 19th to 30th September
TO spur you on to protecting your family’s future and your peace of mind, St Luke’s Hospice is holding ‘Make a Will Fortnight’ where a number of local solicitors are kindly giving their time and expertise to write a standard Will, or update an existing one for a suggested donation to the Hospice.
Last year’s Make a Will Fortnight raised Â£8,000 for St. Luke’s Hospice. Each participating solicitor has a limited amount of appointments available so please take this opportunity to make or update your Will and book an appointment as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Birkett Long Solicitors, Basildon
Palmers Solicitors, Basildon
Raigner Hughes, Shenfield
Fisher Jones Greenwood, Billericay – FULLY BOOKED
Palmers Solicitors, Chafford Hundred
Hattens Solicitors, Grays
Wills & Legal Services, Basildon and Thurrock (home visits only)
How to take part
1. Contact Legacy and In Memory Coordinator Ed Pearce to find the solicitors that are taking part in your area.
2. We will send you a ‘Make a Will Fortnight’ pack which includes details of all participating solicitors in your area and a Simple Will Planner.
3. Call your chosen solicitor to make an initial appointment which will take place between the 19th and 30th September 2016. Mention ‘St. Luke’s Hospice Make a Will Fortnight’ when you speak to them. Your appointment may or may not be during the fortnight depending on the solicitor’s schedule.
4. At your meeting, your chosen solicitor will give you advice based on your personal circumstances and will tell you if this can be written as a standard Will. If you agree to go ahead, instead of paying the solicitors fee, you will be asked to give a donation to St. Luke’s Hospice.
5. The minimum suggested donation is Â£100 for a basic single Will, Â£175 for a pair of basic mirror Wills and Â£50 for a codicil to an existing Will. If your Will is not standard and requires specialist advice which cannot be included under this scheme, the solicitor will advise you and agree a separate fee before going ahead.
To get your free Simple Will Planner or to book an appointment please contact Ed Pearce in the Fundraising Department on 01268 524 973 (ext. 248) or email firstname.lastname@example.org