Saturday, July 20, 2024

Kitchen fire in Carlton Road in Grays

Carlton Road

FIRE Crews were called to a bungalow after the oven caught alight in the kitchen.

On arrival at Carlton Road in Grays, firefighters reported that the bungalow was smoke logged and quickly extinguished the fire by 6.05pm.

Firefighters then cleared the bungalow of smoke using positive pressure ventilation fans (PPV).

One man suffered from smoke inhalation and was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental.

Incident like these show how important it is to have working smoke alarms in your home. Smoke alarms give you an early warning of a fire, so you have time to get out, stay out and call the fire service out.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service provide FREE smoke alarms to anyone living in Essex. To arrange a home safety visit call: 0300 303 0088 or book online:


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles