TWO more drivers have been convicted following the summer DriveSafeDriveSober anti-drink and drug driving campaign.
A total of 205 people were arrested during the campaign which highlighted how alcohol and drugs can impair your reactions when driving.
The consequences of this can be fatal.
The drivers convicted are:
Lee Yates, 30, of Eastwood Drive, Rainham:
– Arrested at 3.41pm on June 25 in London Road, Purfleet;
– Disqualified for 12 months and 150 hours unpaid work for drug driving;
– £250 compensation for aggravated vehicle taking;
– Driving licence endorsed for having no insurance.
Billy Bowles, 31, of Satania Road, Westcliff:
– Arrested at 4.29am on July 13 in Victoria Avenue, Southend;
– Disqualified for 12 months and 100 hours unpaid work for drug driving;
– £85 victim surcharge and forfeiture and seizure for possession of cannabis.