AVELEY members of Thurrock Neighburhood Watch have been campaigning to highlight concerns over knife crime.
The team have been backing a number of initiatives.
•Acting wisely whenever we see or found suspicious activities by keep monitoring the area as per members availability from 2 min to 2 hours.
•Running WhatsApp group from past two years
•Even members whenever at home and unable to come also monitoring through their windows with special glance( front door & background area).
• Registering new members into Thurrock neighbourhood watch
• Supplying all Neighbourhood watch stuff along with members & street Co-Ordinators guidelines
• Installing neighbourhood pole sign boards wherever members requested
• Motivating residents time to time
• Building strong confidence in the neighbourhood by working together with residents and minimising the gap between the Essex police and a common man
• Registered members getting thurrock NHW crime report weekly basis from Essex liaison officer Kevin/Terry.
• Keeping in touch with Thurrock NHW Chairman Roger Passfield time to time and seeking help.
A spokesperson said: “We are happy to have the support of Thurrock Chairman Roger Passfield and Essex liaison officer Kevin Blake.
There are many more things our members are working against crime and maintaining the area safe and secure most of the time.
“We can see a significant decrease in crime rate since we started working with Thurrock Neighbourhood Watch.
“People are getting to trust us and showing their interest & joining us”.