Saturday, April 13, 2024

Fire in industry building in Aveley

Corringham Fire

FIRE Crews were called to an industrial building in Romford Road, Aveley, this morning.

On arrival firefighters reported that there was smoke coming from a storage unit, which measured around 2m x 7m.

Watch Manager Lee Hollingworth, Grays Fire Station, said:

“We estimate the fire had been burning for around four or five hours before it was discovered, so by the time we arrived it had almost starved itself of oxygen and burned itself out.

“We believe the fire started after an extension lead overheated and caught alight to papers and magazines which were placed on top of it.

“It’s important to ensure any areas around leads, plugs and cables are clear and any socks are not overloaded.”

Firefighters extinguished the fire and made the area safe by 7.40am.

The contents of the container has been mostly destroyed by the fire.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles