Saturday, June 10, 2023

Kitchen fire in Ottawa Road, Tilbury

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 05.15.19

ESSEX Firefighters were called to a house fire in Ottawa Road, Tilbury this afternoon after the resident heard their smoke alarms going off.

On arrival, crews reported that an oven in the kitchen was on fire and worked to extinguish it by 4:19pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental after cooking was left unattended in the oven.

The kitchen suffered smoke damage.

Watch Manager at Orsett Fire Station said: “Always double check ovens are turned off, Christmas is a large distraction. In the build up to Christmas, we’re all preoccupied with the festivities and in this instance the home owner was lucky that the fire didn’t spread to the rest of the house and was confined to the cooker.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles