Fire caused by unattended candle in Grays

Corringham Fire

Fire caused by unattended candle

ESSEX Firefighters were called to an address in London Road, Grays on Tuesday evening after the residents heard their smoke alarms going off.

On arrival, crews reported that a room was heavily smoke logged and worked to extinguish the fire by 6:24pm.

The room suffered some smoke damage.

Watch Manager Dave Hogan said: “Quick actions from everybody involved helped to contain this fire and minimise damage. From the resident’s quick actions in getting out of the house and calling us when they heard their smoke alarms going off to the rapid action of the crews, we were able to extinguish the fire quickly.”

“At this time of the year, more people are using candles and I would urge you not to leave candles or any other ignition sources unattended.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.