THURROCK Lakeside Travelodge has been selected as one of 11 crucial Travelodge hotels to re-open this week to support key workers within the local community.
Travelodge, the UK’s first budget hotel chain which has 573 hotels across the UK, has been operating 51 of its hotels during the Covid-19 lockdown in critical locations across the UK – providing accommodation for critical / key workers and supporting local authorities during these unprecedented times.
These Travelodge hotels are located in major cities and towns running from Plymouth to Aberdeen and this week a further 11 Travelodge hotels are being re-opened to support the growing demand by key workers.
As part of its re-opening hotel programme, Travelodge has taken its key learnings whilst operating in the lockdown and is launching TravelodgeProtect+ a programme of cleaning and social distancing measures in line with government guidance – designed to keep its customers and teams safe and protected post lockdown.
Travelodge Protect+ has been developed by a dedicated cross functional hygiene strategy team and will become the way Travelodge operates going forward. The programme includes:
Cleaning & Hygiene
· Comprehensive cleaning throughout its hotels using an antiviral disinfectant – effective against Coronavirus
· Additional post clean room checks with digital tracking in place to ensure consistently high standards
· Increased cleaning in high frequency touch points in public areas and rooms
· All linen and towels thermally disinfected
· Comprehensive training of every hotel team member on cleaning, hygiene and social distancing
· Installation of customer hand sanitiser stations in key locations in the hotel
· Protective reception screens
· Signage to mark social distance points throughout the hotel including check-in markings
· Monitoring the number of customers in a designated area such as the reception area and lifts
· PPE provided for all hotel team members
· To minimise contact, housekeeping team members will not enter customer’s rooms during their stay
· Contactless payment
· Contactless check-out
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge, Spokeswoman said: “In these unprecedented times, our hotel teams across the UK are working enormously hard, under great pressure, to support key workers and the less vulnerable groups. We are delighted to reopen a further 11 hotels this week, which includes our Bicester Thurrock Lakeside Travelodge. These 11 hotels will assist our 51 hotels that have been operating during the lockdown and support their local community.”
The 11 Travelodge hotels re-opening this week to support key workers include:
· Bicester Cherwell Valley M40
· Bracknell Central
· Bristol Filton
· Maidstone Central
· Ramsgate Seafront
· Thurrock Lakeside
Travelodge has 12 hotels in Essex and is currently operating four hotel within the region to service key workers and support the local authorities.
Travelodge, in common with all UK hotel operators was obliged to temporarily close the majority of its hotels and is currently operating 62 hotels in critical locations to support critical / key workers and local authorities. For details of Travelodge hotels that are currently open, please visit: www.travelodge.co.uk