Sunday, September 24, 2023

Fire crews extinguish a fire caused by a faulty fridge…and rescue cat.

FIRE Crews extinguished a fire caused by a faulty fridge…and rescued a cat.

Grays firefighters were called to reports of a kitchen fire at a house in Elm Terrace, West Thurrock today at 11.45am.

The property was full of smoke when they arrived but the occupants were safely outside. Crews extinguished the fire and used a fan to clear the smoke by 12.16pm.

Crew Manager Adam Powell said: “The house was 100% smoke-logged when we arrived and crews did a really good job of quickly extinguishing the fire and limiting the fire damage to the kitchen.

“They also managed to find the occupants’ pet cat and bring it to safety.” 

Unfortunately, the ground and first floors suffered smoke damage.

A man suffered smoke inhalation and crews administered oxygen before leaving him in the care of the Ambulance Service.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles