SOUTH Essex College is launching a range of FREE courses to help eligible adults over 19-years-of-age achieve their first full level 3 qualification.
The scheme, which is funded by government, is designed to help adults to train and gain the valuable skills they need to improve their job prospects.
The courses are also an ideal opportunity for people who may have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic retrain for a completely different career.
The courses, which start from 26 April, are available in a variety of subject areas and lengths to allow adults get the skills they need to boost their careers.
Eligible adults will be those aged 19 or older who do not currently hold a level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to a technical certificate or diploma, or two full A-Levels.
Courses available are:
- Diploma in the Built Environment with Building Information Modelling
- Certificate in Fabrication and Welding Techniques and Skills
- Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Certificate in Coding Practices
- Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
- Diploma for IT Users (ITQ)
- Certificate in Business Essentials
Nicki Kelly, Assistant Principal Curriculum (Curriculum & Quality), said: “Many industries, and the economy as a whole, have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This initiative will support the economic recovery and future skills needs by equipping adults with the skills that employers require.”
To find out more, visit www.southessex.ac.uk/AdultCoursesFullyFunded