Thursday, September 29, 2022

Fire crews extinguish garage fire in Chadwell St Mary

CREWS extinguished a garage fire in Chadwell St Mary this morning.

Three crews, from Orsett, Grays and Corringham, attended River View at 3.56am and found a garage at the rear of the property completely alight.

The fire spread quickly due to books, tools, clothes and flammable liquids, such as paint thinners, varnish and creosote, being stored in the garage.

Crews worked hard to completely extinguish the fire by 5.20am.

The cause has been recorded as accidental; it is believed an electrical appliance overheated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles