THERE is set to be major disruption this weekend in towns and villages adjacent to Thurrock Council’s long-running A13 widening project as more major works will see the Orsett Cock roundabout shut from Friday evening to Monday morning.
The pivotal junction, which offers access to the east and westbound A13 as well as Grays, the A128 to Orsett and Horndon on the Hill and beyond, Stanford Road, Chadwell St Mary and the Bonners residential estate will be fully closed for construction, surfacing and re-alignment works.
Closures start at 9pm on Friday (15 October) and will remain in place until 5am on Monday.
The council explains the closure, saying: “In addition to the roundabout closure, all feeder roads will also be closed, including:
• A128 Brentwood Road closed in both directions between Orsett Road, Horndon and Orsett Roundabout
• A13 east and westbound entry and exit slip roads
• A1013 Stanford Road closed in both directions between Voujon and Orsett Roundabout (Voujon remains open)
• Brentwood Road closed in both directions between Welling Road and Orsett Roundabout
• A1013 Stanford Road closed in both directions between Rectory Road and Orsett Roundabout (Recycled in Orsett remains open)
• The A13 will remain open in both directions.
“Road users are asked to plan their journeys in advance to avoid the roundabout and its approaches and to find alternative routes, avoiding nearby villages. Those wishing to travel to homes or businesses along the A1013 Stanford Road (east of Orsett Roundabout) should do so via the eastern end of the Stanford Road via Buckingham Hill Road, London Road or the Manorway junction.
“Those wishing to travel to and from the Bonners estate should do so via Chadwell St Mary as no access will be permitted via the Orsett roundabout.”