Friday, March 1, 2024

Fire crews attend smoke filled properties in Purfleet

CREWS were called to a flat in Purfleet-on-Thames last night after neighbours heard a smoke alarm going off. 

On arrival firefighters found a heavily smoke logged property. They quickly found the source of the smoke to be a frying pan on the hob. Firefighters removed the pan and used positive-pressure ventilation fans to clear the smoke from the flat. 

Watch Manager Mark Hampton, Grays Fire Station, said:

“We’re called to hob fires far more often than people would think. Please never leave cooking unattended and always make sure your oven and hob are completely clear and switched off when you’ve finished cooking. 

“This incident shows how important it is to have working smoke alarms. Even if you’re not home, they can alert your neighbours who can call 999.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles