Monday, December 4, 2023

Tilbury 3 v 1 Ware

Tilbury welcomed Ware FC to Chadfields for the Dockers last home game of the 2009/2010 League Season. Tilbury Boss Graham Chester with a full squad to choose from which included Joel Barnett named on the bench after a lengthy suspension.

The game kicked off in glorious bright sunshine, the Dockers took control early in the game and looked the more industrious of the two sides.

Three minutes into the game and Jarred Small sent through on goal, a mix-up in the Ware defence saw the pacey forward in on goal, Ware’s keeper quick off his line, looked to have clipped Small as he tumbled to the ground, match official Mr. Norcott waving play-on as Ware cleared the ball from danger.

The visitors picked up the pace, Ware’s Luke Marshall showed his intent as he collected the ball down the right hand-side and from just inside the Dockers half, the tricky winger with the ball at his feet charged the Dockers defence and weaved past a line of white shirts and into the Tilbury box, his shot however lacked pace as Andy Hall scooped the ball up to safety.

Fourteen minutes in and the Dockers came close after Nathan Gordon collected the ball just outside the War box and from a half volley effort Gordon blasted the ball inches passed the post.
Ware’s turn to put pressure on the Dockers defence, Matt Tupin’s effort forced Andy Hall to make a good save to his right.

Manlee Brown was in fine form as he collected the ball from 30 yards out of the Ware goal, Brown deciding to go alone as he opened up some space for himself before sending in a venomous 20 yard shot towards goal, Ware’s keeper Ricky Wiseman needing to make a fabulous block to keep the ball out of the net.

Luke Marshall once more causing havoc in the Tilbury defence, as threads himself through a pack of white shirts and into the Dockers Box, Marshall Shot this time forced Andy Hall low to his right to make a great save to keep the score at 0-0.

Forty-Two minutes gone and some good work by Manlee Brown who set up Jarred small in on goal, Small picked his spot from just inside the box forcing Wiseman to do remarkably well by going full starch across goal to keep the ball out of the net.

Forty-four minutes and the Dockers get a well deserved breakthrough; Jarred Small collected the ball just outside the Ware box, the skillful youngster, dummied the last defender to allow him a clear view on goal and from just inside the box power -drove the ball into the bottom right hand corner of the net – 1-0 to the Dockers.

Into injury time and Ware attacked the Dockers goal; Ryan Wade’s effort blocked by the towering presence of Glen Golby showing his normal no nonsense defending as the ball is cleared into row Z.

Into the second period and Ware picked up the pace however, not before the Dockers had a great chance to extend their lead, Manlee Brown again involved as he set up Nathan Gordon down the right, Gordon then sent in a fire bolt shot towards goal which was competently dealt with by Ware’s busy goalkeeper who finger tipped the ball out for a corner.

Ware continued to put pressure on the Dockers defence and get their reward in the 54th minute, once again Ware found some room down the right hand-side almost to the byline and the ball is whipped in across goal to Ryan Wade who connected from 6 yards out to smash the ball into the net, 1-1.
The Dockers try to hit back almost immediately from the restart, Lee Hodges 10 yards into the Ware half sent in a sublime pass directly into the path of Nathan Gordon who finds himself just inside the box, the ball sat up perfectly for midfielder whose effort was fired just over the bar, great move by the Dockers.

Luke Marshall continued to create problems in the Dockers defence, once more the tricky winger set himself up for a shot just outside the box with Wade screaming for the ball to his left Marshall deciding to go solo as his effort is blasted over the bar.

63rd minute and the Dockers extend their lead, the ball sent up field by the industrious Daniel Smith to Lee Hodge, Hodges picked out Gordon down the right, Gordon spotted Christian Wheeler unmarked in the box sent in a perfectly weighted ball into the box and Wheeler from 7 yards out nodded the ball into the right-hand corner of the net, 2-1 to the Dockers.

74th minute and the Dockers extend their lead. Manlee Brown once more getting involved, the ball sent to the back post and Brown looked to have looped his shot over the head of Wiseman, however, the keeper managing to scoop the ball off the line but only as far as Small who stayed alert to ram the ball into the top netting to score his second and the Dockers third of the game.
Substitutes for the Dockers saw the astute Lee Hodges off for Bradley Barnes back into contention after a flu virus.

A few minutes later saw the Dockers use their remaining substitutes; the hardworking Nathan Gordon made way for Chris Taylor and Manlee Brown off for Ben Bradbury.

The Dockers looked to keep possession playing the passing game to run down the clock until match official Mr. Norcott blew for full time.

A good result for the Dockers against an improving Ware side who more than played their part in this entertaining game of football.

The Dockers next and last game of the season is away to League Champions Lowestoft Town on Saturday 24th April kick off at 3pm.

Man of the Match

Glen Golby – No nonsense defending.

Tilbury : Andy Hall, Danny Smith, Joe Keith, Jamie Wallace (Capt), Glen Golby, Nathan Gordon, Donny Barnard, Christian Wheeler, Jarred Small, Manlee Brown, Lee Hodges, Substitutes, Joel Barnett, Ben Bradbury, Chris Taylor, Bradley Barnes, Andy Gibbs.

Ware : Ricky Wiseman, Mark Burton, Jamie Berry, Danny Swift, Matt Turpin, Sam Ruff, Luke Marshall, Matthew Mitchell, Ryan Wade, Adam Bole, Tom Query, Substitutes, Ashley Taylor-Forbes, Bradley Ruisdael, Michael Toner.

Match Officials
Referee: Mr W. Norco
1st Assistant: Mr M. Quinn
2nd Assistant: Mr G.K. Bellingham

At: 107


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles