Thursday, December 1, 2022

Caravan Fire: Buckles Lane

Firefighters were called to a caravan on fire on a permanent residential site. The caravan was 100 percent alight and crews wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and one ground monitor to extinguish the fire by 07:33

Update 07:45
Two gas cylinders were involved in the fire and were close by to the caravan on fire and are cooling off. Fire crews remain at the incident damping down and monitoring the gas cylinders.

Update 08:25
Crews had dealt with the incident and the cylinders have cooled down.

Sub Officer Dave Purkiss from Grays Fire Station said:

“The owner of the caravan on fire was asleep as the fire broke out, she was woken up by her smoke alarm that her boyfriend had installed just a few weeks ago. The woman in her thirties escaped unharmed from the caravan.

“As a precaution fire crews evacauted residents from six other caravans on the site, crews helped a disabled man from his caravan and led him to safety.

“This incident shows the importance of a working smoke alarm and how they can provide early indication to a fire, giving you time to escape.”

The cause of the fire is believed to have been an electrical fault and the caravan has been completely destroyed by the fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles