Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Stanford Man Hospitalised After Petrol On BBQ Incident

Firefighters are warning people not to use petrol cans to light their barbecue’s after a man burned his hands when his can caught light as he was pouring petrol onto a lit barbecue.

Crews quickly extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet and the 26 year-old man suffered minor burns to his hand and was going to make his own way to A&E.

Geoff Wheal, Corringham Station Commander, said: “In this case a man was pouring petrol onto a lit barbecue and the flames flashed back into the can setting it alight.

“The man threw the can onto the lawn but had already been burned.

“No one should ever pour any accelerant onto a lit barbecue and petrol should never be used to get a barbecue going.

“People should stick to proper barbecue lighters and carefully follow the instructions.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles