The AGM was held on Sunday 19th September 2010 at the T.A.A. Resource Centre, 35 Clarence Road, Grays which was well attended. The secretary Mr. Mitra read out the minutes of the last AGM which were approved. The honorary treasurer Captain Pawar presented the accounts for the year and answered questions raised by the members. The accounts were approved by the AGM.
Yash Gupta president of the Association presented his report and highlighted the following achievements of the Association and thanked everyone for their contributions including the Thurrock Council, S.W.Essex PCT, TRUST and the local Press.
“1. There has been a steady increase in our membership, which now stands at 262 local families, increasing the target of 250 set by us last year.
2. We celebrated two prominent Asian Festivals; Baisakhi and Diwali which were well supported by all local communities.
3. We are celebrating DIWALI again on 20th November, 2010 from 6 to 9 pm at Thameside Theatre.
4. We started HEALTHY LIVING PROGRAMME FOR OLDER PEOPLE with the help of S.W.Essex PCT which is benefiting the health and well-being of a number of older residents living in Thurrock.
5. Our Bolly wood dancing class is progressing well. They performed at three local community events including the Thurrock Festival.
6. Thurrock Asian Resource Centre has been very well used by individuals and various groups. This year 5414 visits were recorded into the Centre, 200 more than last year.
7. Regular sessions are held for Women and Older people to help and support them
8. Adult Music Class takes place every second Wednesday from 11 to 1 pm which provides fun and learning to older Thurrock residents.
9. Officers and committee members elected for next year were;
President; Yash Gupta, Vice President; Mr.M.Sing, Secretary; Mr. K Mitra, Treasurer; Cpt. G. Pawar,
Cultural Secretaries; Miss M. Mitra & Miss D. Gulshan,
Committee Members were; Mr. C. Chadha, Mr. Ram Tiwari, Mrs M Deshpande, Mrs S. Rajapaska, Mrs M.Arora, Mr. S.S Bassi, Mr. S. Limbu, Mr.N. Nuthoo, Mr N Sahi, and Mr. S.S Athwal.
The meeting finished with the Indian Refreshments and vote of thanks for everyone who attended.