FIRE OFFICERS have praised a quick-thinking mum for saving herself and her five year old son from a fire in Grays.
Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer on fire in a mid terraced house in Salisbury Road, Grays at 2pm on Thursday afternoon.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
Station Officer Daron Driscoll from Grays Fire Station said:
“When crews arrived at the house the tumble dryer was well alight and the flames were coming from inside the machine.
“A woman and her five year old son were home at the time of the fire. The woman did exactly the right thing, she isolated the power and called 999. The woman and her son got out of the house and were unharmed.
“Crews did an excellent job by quickly extinguishing the fire and prevented it from spreading.”