Monday, July 22, 2024

Ockendon family made homeless after fire

A YOUNG mother and her two sons, aged eight and three, have been made homeless following a fire at their flat.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel and a dry powder extinguisher to tackle the blaze in the ground floor flat at Gidea Close, South Ockendon.

Once the fire was out, they used a high pressure fan to clear the property of smoke.

Everyone was accounted for and there were no casualties reported.

The Red Cross Fire Support Unit attended the scene to offer assistance to the woman and her children.

The incident was dealt with by 19:26 hrs.

EFRS have no information relating to cause at this stage.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles