BRITISH Transport Police recently appealed for information following an assault on a train traveling between Grays and Tilbury Town on Thursday, 12 March.
Following the appeal, a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been arrested and charged in relation to this incident and two others on Tuesday, 12 May and Thursday, 14 May.
The charges are as follows:
• One count of grievous bodily harm with intent.
• Three counts of actual bodily harm.
• One count of assault by beating.
• One count of obstructing the railway.
• One count of resisting arrest.
The boy has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Chelmsford Youth Court today (Friday, 15 May).
Detective Sergeant James McAuley said: “I would like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with this witness appeal.