AN attempted murder charge against a man accused of an alleged machete attack has been dropped reports the Guardian Series.
Luke Saunders, 21, of Stanford-Le-Hope, had been charged with the attempted murder of Edward Dooley on November 6, 2015, in Loughton High Road.
The victim is said to have had one finger cut off and his other hand severed in the alleged attack.
At Chelmsford Crown Court today (January 28), Judge Charles Gratwicke granted an application to dismiss the case against Mr Saunders.
The judge said the decision was “unarguable”.
His brother Paul Saunders, 30, of Chadwell St Mary, has been remanded in custody until his trial starting on May 3, after he pleaded not guilty to a charge of attempted murder in relation to the same incident.