So, what have we learned so far?
1. Dear Highways England. If you are going to organise an information event and invite lots of people who think your plans will create chaos and congestion, you may not want to cause queues of traffic pouring into Orsett Hall; people confined to a "holding room" whilst waiting to get to the actual information room.
2. We learned a lot more about Route 2, 3 and 4.
If you are still unclear, then you can see all three routes in this short video, with a little bit of satire, kindly suggested by Rebekah Taylor #Pavedparadiseandputupaparkinglot
3. You get the feeling that there is not a lot of love in the room for Thurrock MP, Jackie Doyle-Price. You get the feeling there is a degree of respect for South Basildon and East Thurrock MP Stephen Metcalfe.
As for Thurrock Council leader, John Kent and the other 48 councillors, the Thurrock public seem to be giving their "No to the Thames Crossing" the benefit of the doubt" but don’t push them or try and make too much political capital…….enter Chadwell councillor Gerard Rice…
4. The Thames Crossing Proposal Group on Facebook already had 8,000 members and growing. It is a forum for debate and a hub to focus energies and direction. It is worth looking into to see where the campaign is and is going.
It is also clear that the campaign already has a number of articulate, energetic advocates.
5. Week Beginning Feb 8th: Further information Days at Culver Centre in South Ockendon (Mon Feb 9th), Witness Day at Thurrock Council (Tues Feb 10th) and an Information Day at the Beehive (Wed Feb 11th).
6. Back to Highways England. You really do get the feeling that they have been struck by the public outcry over this proposal.
7. This is a very complex scenario and has so many things that could or could not happen. New Thames Crossing, Boris Island, Paramount Park, Local Development Frameworks, the list feels endless.
You could do worse than read the article at http://duntongardensuburb.blogspot.co.uk
8. All we know is that we will keep reporting on all the twist and turns.