test
Sunday, May 26, 2024
Array

Neighbour sounds alarm over burning dishwasher

ESSEX Firefighters were alerted to a fire in the kitchen of a house after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm sounding and smelled burning and dialled 999 in Colville Close, Corringham

After gaining entry crews found that a dishwasher, which had been left running while the occupants were out, had caught light.

Wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets crews had extinguished the fire by 13:28hrs.

If the neighbour had not been alerted by the smoke alarm it is likely that this fire would have taken hold and caused extensive damage to the property. Incidents like this demonstrate not only how important working smoke alarms are but how important it is to make sure that kitchen appliances are in good working order.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles