Smoke alarm saves sleeping South Ockendon woman

FIREFIGHTERS have given oxygen therapy to a woman, aged in her 30s, after she fell asleep with candles burning in Corve Lane, South OckendonThe candles started a small fire in the property, which was out when crews arrived.Neighbours called 999 after two working smoke alarms activated in the flat.Crews made the incident safe before leaving the scene at 12:20hrs.Incidents like this show how important it is to have a working smoke alarm in your home.Essex County Fire and Rescue Service wants 100% of homes in Essex to have a working smoke alarm.To get your FREE smoke alarm and home safety visit call us on 0300 303 0088 or visit our website here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.