SIX more drivers have been convicted following our summer #DriveSafeDriveSober anti-drink and drug driving campaign.
A total of 205 people were arrested during the campaign which highlighted how alcohol and drugs can impair your reactions when driving.
The consequences of this can be fatal.
Our message is #DriveSafeDriveSober.
Those convicted are:
Stuart Hedges, 45, of Beaufort Close, Chafford Hundred:
– Arrested at 11.45pm on June 25 in Seally Road, Grays;
– Disqualified for 26 months, 150 hours unpaid work, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Donna Turnage, 37, of Swan Close, Basildon:
– Arrested at 12.23am on June 23 in Broadmayne, Basildon;
– Disqualified for 26 months, 150 unpaid work, up to 10 days rehabilitation activity, £85 costs, £85 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Robert Beachcroft, 61, of Llanover Street, Abercarn, Gwent:
– Arrested at 10.15pm on July 4 in Waltham Place, Basildon;
– Disqualified for 24 months, 80 hours unpaid work, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge for drink driving.
Reece Statham, 23, of Charles Pell Road, Colchester:
– Arrested at 12.05am on July 7 in Hythe Hill, Colchester;
– Disqualified 15 months, fined £300, £85 costs, and £30 victim surcharge for drink driving;
– Driving licence endorsed for driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
Stuart Porter, 38, of Poplar Close, Witham:
– Arrested at 9.15pm on July 7 in Albert Road, Witham;
– Disqualified for 16 months, 120 hours unpaid work, £85 costs and £85 victim surcharge for drink driving and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
Ricki Parsley, 31, of Rectory Road, Pitsea:
– Arrested at 5.28pm on July 8 near Ashlyns, Basildon;
– Disqualified for 20 months, fined £390, £85 costs and £39 victim surcharge for drink driving.