Sunday, January 29, 2023

Dishwasher sparks house fire in East Tilbury

A MAN has escaped a house fire which started while he was sleeping.

Crews were called to a fire in the kitchen of a house in Queen Elizabeth Avenue, East Tilbury.

On arrival firefighters reported that a dishwasher was alight and worked quickly to extinguish it by 12.20pm.

Watch Manager Scott Fretton, Orsett Fire Station, said:

“Although the homeowner was asleep at the time the working smoke alarms in the house alerted him to the fire so he was able to get out, stay out and call 999.

“The homeowner also ensured all internal doors were closed, so although the kitchen has been destroyed by the fire the damage has been contained to that single room.”

The man suffered from smoke inhalation and was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

Do you have working smoke alarms at home?

We want every home in Essex to be provided with the excellent protection that smoke alarms offer. Smoke alarms alert give you early warning of a fire which will give you and your family a chance to escape your home safely.

We will provide and fit smoke alarms completely FREE of charge. Contact us today: call 0300 303 0088 or visit



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles