Get out in Thurrock’s parks this half-term
All the family can enjoy the great outdoors this May half-term by taking part in free, fun park activities.
Following the successful ‘Active Parks’ Easter programme, which saw more than 300 people participate in events during the Easter school holiday, and subject to weather conditions, borough parks will host free morning and afternoon sessions from Tuesday 28 May to Friday 31 May.
Thurrock Council’s Active Parks Team is organising various sports and crafts activities to suit demand on the day that continue to boost residents’ connection with nature, the outdoors and Thurrock parks. Sessions will be held at the below venues:
• Corringham Recreation Ground on Tuesday 28 May from 10.30am-12.30pm
• Horndon-on-the-Hill Recreation Ground on Tuesday 28 May from 2pm-4pm
• Dilkes Park, South Ockendon, on Wednesday 29 May from 10.30am-12.30pm
• Delafield Road Park, Grays, on Wednesday 29 May from 2pm-4pm
• Parker Road open space, West Thurrock, on Thursday 30 May from 10.30am-12.30pm
• West Thurrock Memorial Ground on Thursday 30 May from 2pm-4pm
• Orsett Heath on Friday 31 May from 10.30am-12.30pm
• Grays Town Park on Friday 31 May from 2pm-4pm
Posters promoting the morning and afternoon sessions will be put up on park noticeboards in advance. No booking is necessary — residents can turn up on the day.
To volunteer at the above sessions or to provide suggestions of future events or activities in your local park, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the sessions above, local friends of park groups also organise activities in parks. Keep an eye out for other events near you.
For more information visit thurrock.gov.uk/activeparks