Family made homeless after caravan fire in Chadwell St Mary

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 11.25.48

A FAMILY has been left homeless after an electrical fire destroyed their caravan in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters were called to a caravan fire in Sandy Lane, Chadwell St Mary early in Monday morning (December 9th) after the residents heard their smoke alarms going off.

On arrival, crews reported that a static caravan, which measured 10m x 3m, was 75% alight.

Crews worked to extinguish the fire by 5:25am.

The caravan has been completely destroyed and the cause has been recorded as accidental after an electrical fault.

Watch Manager  said: “The residents were able to get out of the caravan to safety after hearing their smoke alarms going off. They got themselves and their dog out safely and called us which is absolutely the right thing to do.”

Do you have working smoke alarms in your home?

Having a working smoke alarm on every level of your home is the best way to keep you and your family safe in the event of a fire. Smoke alarms give you an early warning sign to fire so you can get out, stay out and call the Fire Service out.

If you or someone you know doesn’t have working smoke alarms, we can fit them for free during a home safety visit. Book your visit at www.essex-fire.gov.uk/book

Have your say on the future priorities of Essex County Fire and Rescue Service

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service has launched a public consultation – a ten minute survey asking the public of Essex about how our future priorities are delivered.

The consultation is a chance for the local community to tell us what matters to them and what approach they think we should take. The responses will enable us to develop an Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) in the New Year.

To have your say, visit: www.essex-fire.gov.uk/irmp before Friday 13 December 2019.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.