Bella Italia and Cafe Rouge on brink of collapse with 6,000 jobs at risk

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 20.04.13

THE future of 6,000 workers is in doubt at Bella Italia and Cafe Rouge after its owner confirmed a notice of intent to appoint administrators has been filed at the High Court.

The restaurant group, which also operates the Las Iguanas chain, said the move will give the firm 10 days breathing space to consider ‘all options’ for restructuring.

Earlier on Monday, the company confirmed that it is working with advisers from corporate finance firm AlixPartners over a potential restructuring programme aimed at putting the restaurant group on a sustainable footing.

A Casual Dining Group spokeswoman said: ‘As is widely acknowledged, this is an unprecedented situation for our industry and, like many other companies across the UK, the directors of Casual Dining Group are working closely with our advisers as we consider our next steps.

Owner Casual Dining Group confirmed a notice of intent to appoint administrators had been filed at the High Court

‘These notifications are a prudent measure in light of the company’s position and the wider situation.

‘These notifications will also protect the company from any threatened potential legal action from landlords while we review the detail of the Government advice, and formulate a plan for the company in these difficult times.’

The announcement comes amid reports that troubled rival chain Carluccio’s is closing on a rescue deal which could save 900 jobs at the business.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login