GLC IT OFFICER REQUIRED
Salary: GLC Point 26 – 30 £27,396 – £30,834 [52 weeks per year]
THE Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced IT Technical Support Officer to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks within the GLC Academies. Our organisation relies on computer systems in all areas of our operations and decision-making processes, it is therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
Your main duties will include:
- Manage the day to day operations of the GLC network
- Manage the network infrastructure
- Manage the maintenance of ICT resources (hardware and software) of the whole Gateway Learning Community
- Supervise the provision of technical advice to all staff
- Be prepared to attend training courses and also identify training needs of staff
- Be creative and look for opportunities to develop existing systems
- Manage the staff resource effectively and ensure that regular appraisal and monitoring of performance is carried out
- Control and implement the school’s security policies in respect of all soft/hardware
- Raise the profile, knowledge and awareness of ICT in the school for staff
- Provide risk assessment awareness for safe working practice in ICT
- Maintain existing relations with ICT suppliers and partners
- Advise on purchasing and negotiation of hardware and support contracts
- Develop and facilitate a better teaching and learning environment
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please contact Katie Creighton on 01375 489 000 or by email email@example.com to arrange an informal visit and request an application pack.
Applications should be submitted by 8.00am on Monday 21st September and Interviews will take place on Friday, 25th September at the Gateway Academy, Marshfoot Road, Chadwell St Mary, Essex, RM16 4LU
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.