Friday, April 19, 2024

Chadwell St Mary: Residents urged to keep windows closed after fire in workshop

CREWS were called to a fire in a workshop early this morning on Linford Road in Chadwell St Mary.

On arrival firefighters reported the workshop, which measures around six metres by 5 metres, was completely alight. 

Firefighters worked hard to surround the fire to stop it spreading to neighbouring buildings; bringing it under control by around 6am. 

By 8am the incident commander reported that the fire was under control, but that crews would probably be on scene for the majority of the morning dampening down the area.

As one container is full of plastic it is causing further smoke when water is applied to it. Because of this we’re asking residents in the area to keep windows and doors closed to avoid smoke going into their homes, though the wind direction is carrying most of the smoke away from residential areas. 

This is an ongoing incident. More information will be added when it is available. 


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles