Thursday, May 30, 2024

Cat rescued from flat fire in Corringham

A CAT has been rescued from a flat after a candle started fire in a bedroom. 

Crews were called to the second floor flat in Lyndhurst Road, Corringham, this morning after a man heard his smoke alarm going off and called 999. 

On arrival firefighters reported that there was a fire in the bedroom. 

Crews Manager Daniel Tolley, Basildon Fire Station, said:
“If it wasn’t for our crews’ professionalism and skill the fire would have spread quickly to the rest of the flat. Thankfully our firefighters quickly contained and extinguished the fire as well as rescuing a cat. 

“The working smoke alarms alerted the man to the fire, which was caused by an unattended candle that was close to a pile of Christmas presents. 

“At this time of year more people are using candles. It’s so important to make sure they are on a heatproof surface, away from anything that can catch fire and always extinguished before you leave the room.”

Firefighters completed extinguished the fire by 11.25am.

The bedroom has been completely destroyed by fire. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles