Thursday, October 6, 2022

Kitchen fire at Caspian Way in Purfleet

CREWS were called to Caspian Way, Purfleet, this morning when a smoke alarm alerted a neighbour to a fire in a ground floor flat.

On arrival, firefighters confirmed there was a fire in the kitchen, caused by cooking which had been left unattended. The flat and surrounding hallways were heavily smoke-logged.

Crews worked to extinguish the fire by 10:15am, and then cleared the building of smoke.

Watch Manager, Gary Bannister, at Grays Fire Station, said: “This is a really great example of how important it is to have working smoke alarms in your home. Smoke alarms can alert neighbours or passersby to a fire if you’re not home.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles