Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Kitchen of Corringham home destroyed by hob fire

FIREFIGHTERS have issued safety advice after kitchen fire in Corringham has left a man temporarily homeless.

Crews from Basildon and Orsett were called to a bungalow in Wheatley Road yesterday (Thursday, 2 March) at 6pm. 

Watch Manager Mark Blakebrough said: “The occupant had finished cooking but accidentally left the his hob on.

“A chip pan caught alight and the fire spread rapidly, destroying the kitchen and causing smoke damage throughout property.

“Thankfully the occupant got out, stayed out and called 999 and crews worked quickly to extinguish the fire and limit the damage as much as possible.

“Please take care in the kitchen, particularly if you are using hot oil because it can set alight easily.”  

Crews fully extinguished the fire by 6.43pm.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles