Monday, December 4, 2023

New Smoke Alarm Saves Corringham Couple

A COUPLE were alerted to a chip pan fire by a smoke alarm which had been fitted by Corringham crews as part of a free home fire safety visit just four weeks earlier.

The chip pan was out by the time crews arrived.

Station Commander Geoff Wheal said: “It is incidents like this which show how important having a working smoke alarm are. If they had not been alerted a serious fire could have developed in the kitchen, but thanks to the smoke alarm they knew at the first sign of danger and were able to call us straight away.”

To arrange a free home fire safety visit for yourself or a vulnerable relative call 0845 601 2495.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles