Friday, March 24, 2023

Family lose everything in caravan fire

CHRISTMAS has been ruined for a Corringham family after fire swept through their caravan yesterday (Thursday).

Firefighters were called to a fire in a caravan on One Tree Hill in Corringham but when they got there the caravan and adjoining shed were well alight.

Station Officer Geoff Wheal said: “A family of a five was living in the caravan and they have lost everything, they had all their Christmas presents in there and it has all burned.

“The caravan was next to a stable and crews did a good job of containing the fire and making sure it did not spread to the stable.

“This is a terrible time of year to lose everything like this and the crew’s sympathies are with the family.”

The fire appears to have started accidentally with the most likely cause being an electrical fault.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles