Two fires in borough in busy night for Thurrock fire service

Firefighters tackled a fire in the kitchen of a temporary building which was being used as a home. The fire took place in Hertford Drive, Fobbing.The fire was caused by an unattended chip pan and quickly spread from the cooker to the kitchen.

Using one hose reel jet and wearing two sets of breathing apparatus crews had extinguished the fire by 20:36hrs.

Later that evening fire crews were called to The Chase, Mount Stifford.

Firefighters tackled a deliberate fire which destroyed a disused temporary building. Using one hose reel jet and one main crews had extinguished the fire by 20:57hrs.

Crews had attended another deliberate fire at the same address the previous evening, In this case it was a small rubbish fire near the cabin which was quickly extinguished.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.