Fire at hair salon at South Essex College

FIREFIGHTERS wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to tackle a fire in a tumble dryer in the hair salon at the Woodview campus on South Essex College.

Crews arriving at the scene at 1.30 pm on Friday afternoon reported that 100 per cent of the ground floor room, measuring 4m x 4m, was well alight.

The fire was extinguished by 14:05 hrs.

An additional appliance was sent to the scene with a high pressure fan, which was used to clear the building of smoke.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.